My Divine Assignment: To Encourage Others

A dear friend who has gone to be with the Lord once told me I was her Barnabas which Biblically means "encourager." I never saw myself like that, but as I've grown in my walk with the Lord it seems that is my desire. I hope that what I share here will be an encouragement to you as we trust the Lord - for great is His Faithfulness.

My Divine Assignment: To Encourage Others.
In Christ's Love, Shelley



KEEP His JOY IN TRIALS, TEARS & TRIUMPHS ~~ A WOMAN'S HEART SHOULD BE SO COMPLETELY LOST IN God THAT A MAN MUST SEEK Him TO FIND HER ~~ Our desire to learn God's Word must be greater than our need to breathe ~~











Thursday, April 26, 2012

COMFORT Zone

     As our Bible study finishes up the book Unstuff we have often discussed the issue of comfort zone.  With ages ranging from early 30's to late 60's we seem to agree that we do like our comfort zones.  If we are too hot or too cold we adjust the thermostat for our physical comfort.
      What about our spiritual comfort zone?  What keeps us within the boundaries of it?   If we are unsure about some one's beliefs, we stay in our comfort zone and may not speak God's Word of Truth or encouragement to them. We don't want to be seen as intolerant or fanatical so we keep quiet.
    Yet, if we simply read the Gospels, we clearly see that the Followers of Jesus stepped out of their comfort zones and many lost their lives for it. Even Jesus, although He was God, stepped way out of His comfort zone when He willingly went to the Cross.
     I admit that I LIKE my comfort zones, physically and spiritually, and I do not always follow that Voice that tells me "you need to step out in faith."  Where is it that you need to step out of your comfort zone to make a difference in some one's life?  Simply look to the Word of God to give you the ability to do that. 
       I can do everything through Christ who gives me strength.   Philippians 4:13
 
Image from zazzle.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. They encourage me greatly. Blessings on your day.