My Divine Assignment: To Encourage Others

A dear friend who has gone to be with the Lord once told me I was her Barnabas which Biblically means "encourager." I never saw myself like that, but as I've grown in my walk with the Lord it seems that is my desire. I hope that what I share here will be an encouragement to you as we trust the Lord - for great is His Faithfulness.

My Divine Assignment: To Encourage Others.
In Christ's Love, Shelley



KEEP His JOY IN TRIALS, TEARS & TRIUMPHS ~~ A WOMAN'S HEART SHOULD BE SO COMPLETELY LOST IN God THAT A MAN MUST SEEK Him TO FIND HER ~~ Our desire to learn God's Word must be greater than our need to breathe ~~











Friday, March 11, 2011

All I can do...

If I felt helpless about my glitches the other day, I certainly feel helpless today as I watch what has happened in Japan. Some of our friends moved to Hawaii last fall & we are thankful they are safe. Often. we've heard, "All I can do is pray."  That statement makes me uncomfortable because His Word speaks about the power of prayer.  We've certainly seen it on Face Book Prayer Events lately.  Even if they didn't turn out as we would like, those prayers changed things & encouraged families.  No matter if it's something that happens on the other side of the world, five states away, in our community or in our family, we are commanded (it's not a suggestion) to pray. There is no right way to pray, just pray.  I don't consider myself a Prayer Warrior as  I can't seem to focus very long, but I pray throughout the day & so I'm encouraged by this verse - James 5:16 The prayer of a person living right with God is something powerful to be reckoned with. One of my favorite Scriptures about prayer is Romans 12:12 Be JOYful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer.  Let us be faithful in prayer, who knows what might be changed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. They encourage me greatly. Blessings on your day.