My Divine Assignment: To Encourage Others

A dear friend who has gone to be with the Lord once told me I was her Barnabas which Biblically means "encourager." I never saw myself like that, but as I've grown in my walk with the Lord it seems that is my desire. I hope that what I share here will be an encouragement to you as we trust the Lord - for great is His Faithfulness.

My Divine Assignment: To Encourage Others.
In Christ's Love, Shelley



KEEP His JOY IN TRIALS, TEARS & TRIUMPHS ~~ A WOMAN'S HEART SHOULD BE SO COMPLETELY LOST IN God THAT A MAN MUST SEEK Him TO FIND HER ~~ Our desire to learn God's Word must be greater than our need to breathe ~~











Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Trap Doors

     My devotion time this morning lead me to write this post.  It was titled Optimism 101 from Once a Day Every Day for Women. I love devotionals & at one point was doing 3 a day but it became overwhelming so I returned to "simplify" mode.                                                               The devotion began with  "pessimism & Christianity don't mix as Christians need to be optimistic about life here on earth & life eternal. Sometimes, despite our trust in God, we may fall into the spiritual traps of worry, frustration, anxiety, or sheer exhaustion, and our hearts become heavy."  Immediately this thought came to mind: I feel like I fall through trap doors often, some of my own doing, some not.  Many times it is when physically I'm just not on my game, so to speak.  Other times it is when the events of this world weigh heavy on my heart & I feel helpless to do much about it.
     The next thought in the devotion was this: "What's needed is plenty of rest, a large dose of perspective,  God's healing touch, but not necessarily in that order."  That makes so much sense, but I'd like to add one more thing - perseverance. If I've learned anything in my walk with the Lord these many years it is the need for perseverance no matter what.  There are days I just don't feel like it, so I get through that day & start the next one & I keep doing that until I'm back on track.
     I believe the reason we, as Christians, can persevere is because of Hope. We know that this life is not all there is but He has things for us to do while we are here. Philippians 4:13 was the Scripture given - I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength.  And the cartoon which I've always loved says it well. My new motto - Persevere while you are here!!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. They encourage me greatly. Blessings on your day.