My Divine Assignment: To Encourage Others

A dear friend who has gone to be with the Lord once told me I was her Barnabas which Biblically means "encourager." I never saw myself like that, but as I've grown in my walk with the Lord it seems that is my desire. I hope that what I share here will be an encouragement to you as we trust the Lord - for great is His Faithfulness.

My Divine Assignment: To Encourage Others.
In Christ's Love, Shelley



KEEP His JOY IN TRIALS, TEARS & TRIUMPHS ~~ A WOMAN'S HEART SHOULD BE SO COMPLETELY LOST IN God THAT A MAN MUST SEEK Him TO FIND HER ~~ Our desire to learn God's Word must be greater than our need to breathe ~~











Wednesday, August 24, 2011

I'm RESIGNING !!!!

Many, many years ago I went to a Christian Women's Retreat for the day with some friends.  My girls were fairly little at the time. One of the study sessions I took was titled, "Where Do I Go to Resign?" I'm guessing many young mothers & some times even us "more mature" women may feel that way on occasion. There is no doubt that with small children, whether you work out of the home or not, it can be overwhelming. Even for those who no longer have children at home, there are days when we may want to say, "I resign ( to give up one's position) !"
     If I remember right, the Bible teacher may have used a bit of deception for her title. Her premise for the time she shared with us was not about resigning from things in our lives that cause stress but resigning ourselves to the Lord.  Wow, there's a big difference in those two lines of thought.  At first, the other ladies in the room seemed to sigh & yet laugh at the thought that there really isn't any place to go to resign from our lives, especially if Christ is the Lord of every area of your life.
     No doubt, it would be much easier to put up a post-it that says "I QUIT !" than to fall on our knees before the Lord & say, "Your will & not mine be done Lord.  I RESIGN (to give up deliberately) all I am & all I can be to you for Your Glory."
     I'd like to add resign to our "R" list from the last post.  I believe it should go between repent & restore.  And it brings a simple Scripture verse to mind:  He must become greater & I must become less.  John 3:30. I believe that is the Christian definition of resigning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. They encourage me greatly. Blessings on your day.