My Divine Assignment: To Encourage Others

A dear friend who has gone to be with the Lord once told me I was her Barnabas which Biblically means "encourager." I never saw myself like that, but as I've grown in my walk with the Lord it seems that is my desire. I hope that what I share here will be an encouragement to you as we trust the Lord - for great is His Faithfulness.

My Divine Assignment: To Encourage Others.
In Christ's Love, Shelley



KEEP His JOY IN TRIALS, TEARS & TRIUMPHS ~~ A WOMAN'S HEART SHOULD BE SO COMPLETELY LOST IN God THAT A MAN MUST SEEK Him TO FIND HER ~~ Our desire to learn God's Word must be greater than our need to breathe ~~











Monday, August 15, 2011

Green

When I was a child green was the color of grass & a crayon.  Now "green" has a whole new meaning, much of which has to do with conserving energy & taking care of the earth.  Even Christians cannot agree on exactly what taking care of the earth means.
Green is not one of my "colors" as I rarely wear it, well, actually I can't think of anything green in my closet.  Teal is as close as I get.
Outside my window at work, I have full view of a building that has a green metal roof.  I commented to a patient one day that I really didn't care for the green roof.  Well, this patient, Waynie, reminded me that God made a whole lot of things green.  Of course I couldn't argue with that.  That comment was made many years ago & I haven't forgotten it.  When I look around my home there is green grass -well maybe not so green right now due to the lack of rain, but the pine trees are green, as are my tomato plants, zucchini, leaves on my roses, lettuce, spinach and of course most of the weeds.  There is no getting away from green in any shade and that's okay.
     In my search for Scripture verses for green I found that the NIV contained 22.  Of course the most well know is in Psalm 23:2 He makes me lie down in green pastures, He leads me beside quiet waters...  I'd like you to take the time right now & imagine that picture of yourself, no matter what you are dealing with, in the green pasture, the soft grass with the blue sky & white clouds and the still waters just few feet away.  What a description of God's peace.
As you go about your day, reflect often on Psalm 23, think about all that it tells us about God & His care for us.  There is no better place to be than in the loving arms of God with our Shepherd, Jesus Christ right beside us.  Blessings on your day.







image

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. They encourage me greatly. Blessings on your day.