My Divine Assignment: To Encourage Others

A dear friend who has gone to be with the Lord once told me I was her Barnabas which Biblically means "encourager." I never saw myself like that, but as I've grown in my walk with the Lord it seems that is my desire. I hope that what I share here will be an encouragement to you as we trust the Lord - for great is His Faithfulness.

My Divine Assignment: To Encourage Others.
In Christ's Love, Shelley



KEEP His JOY IN TRIALS, TEARS & TRIUMPHS ~~ A WOMAN'S HEART SHOULD BE SO COMPLETELY LOST IN God THAT A MAN MUST SEEK Him TO FIND HER ~~ Our desire to learn God's Word must be greater than our need to breathe ~~











Friday, February 22, 2013

Grrr-Attitude

An attitude of gratitude.  We've heard that phrase before. In everything we have two choices, it's simply a choice of attitude.  It sounds so simple at times, but it often takes determination to have a an attitude of gratitude through certain seasons or "detours" in our life, in our walk with the Lord.
      It really is true that we do draw closer to Him, during those times which gives us the wisdom & strength to persevere through the next.  Physical and emotional detours can make it a bit harder but that's where perseverance & hope come into play.  I am finding that there is strength in knowing what those words mean, especially in relationship to my faith in Christ.
      This past month, I was lead to a wonderful author of Gratitude devotionals & books - Shelley Hitz. I am actually reading through a few of them at once.  As a Believer, it helps to see life from another perspective.
       So  why Grrr-Atitude ?   Some times we have to walk through the grrrrr - I don't like what's gong on to "I am blessed beyond measure" if we simply have a different perspective.  Not always easy but oh so much more beneficial.


Be joyful always;  pray continually;  give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.  I Thessalonians 5:16-18

Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful.  Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom, and as you sing psalms, hymns and spiritual songs with gratitude in your hearts to God. And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him.  Colossians 3:15-17


You can check out Shelley's books here:Shelley Hitz


Image: drchristianhibbert

1 comment:

  1. One of my favorite Bible verses . . . thanks for sharing!

    Marjie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. They encourage me greatly. Blessings on your day.