My Divine Assignment: To Encourage Others

A dear friend who has gone to be with the Lord once told me I was her Barnabas which Biblically means "encourager." I never saw myself like that, but as I've grown in my walk with the Lord it seems that is my desire. I hope that what I share here will be an encouragement to you as we trust the Lord - for great is His Faithfulness.

My Divine Assignment: To Encourage Others.
In Christ's Love, Shelley



KEEP His JOY IN TRIALS, TEARS & TRIUMPHS ~~ A WOMAN'S HEART SHOULD BE SO COMPLETELY LOST IN God THAT A MAN MUST SEEK Him TO FIND HER ~~ Our desire to learn God's Word must be greater than our need to breathe ~~











Sunday, March 3, 2013

O Be Careful Little Eyes ...

So are you singing the song already?  I am getting ready to teach this song to my Lighthouse Kids on Wednesday nights.  I tried to find out who & when the song was written with little luck. For whatever reason when the song popped into my head, it also spoke to MY heart.

I found myself asking this question:  How much do I really desire to protect my eyes, ears, mind & heart to keep them pure in thought ?  Just searching for photos to put in the blog has proven this is not an easy task.  Remember WWJD - what would Jesus do ?  Well, the question could be "what will I do knowing He is ALWAYS with me?"  Matthew 28:20 Jesus said, "Surely, I am with you always..."

If we are desiring to live Christ honoring lives, is there a line drawn for what adults as opposed to what children should see/do?  Matthew 19:14 - Jesus said  “Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these."

We are actually called to be like little children in our faith, to keep our innocence when possible, to guard our hearts.  Our eyes & ears are the gateway to our hearts.   It isn't possible to avoid all ungodly things that may be put before our eyes or caught by our ears, but in most cases we are able to choose what we will see or hear which affects our thoughts, in turn affecting our hearts.  Let us choose wisely, the things of God.

Philippians 4:8 - Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things.

Find the video here and share with kids & grand-kids: O Be Careful Little Eyes ....
image: Allison Grace Miller age 2

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. They encourage me greatly. Blessings on your day.