My Divine Assignment: To Encourage Others

A dear friend who has gone to be with the Lord once told me I was her Barnabas which Biblically means "encourager." I never saw myself like that, but as I've grown in my walk with the Lord it seems that is my desire. I hope that what I share here will be an encouragement to you as we trust the Lord - for great is His Faithfulness.

My Divine Assignment: To Encourage Others.
In Christ's Love, Shelley



KEEP His JOY IN TRIALS, TEARS & TRIUMPHS ~~ A WOMAN'S HEART SHOULD BE SO COMPLETELY LOST IN God THAT A MAN MUST SEEK Him TO FIND HER ~~ Our desire to learn God's Word must be greater than our need to breathe ~~











Thursday, July 28, 2011

Empty and/or Full

     The word empty usually brings something negative to mind - empty gas tank, empty well, empty piggy bank or, for us big girls, empty checkbook. Of course, if all of those things are full, then we are happy. But they can't be both EMPTY & FULL, it's impossible. On the other hand, we can be both empty & full - full of ourselves & empty of the desire to please God.
     In this case, you can't be half empty or half full like a glass of water. It is impossible to be half full of ourselves & the other half full of wanting to please God. We need to EMPTY ourselves of all that keeps us from being filled with Godly desires.  Even if our deepest desire is to please God, the sins of selfishness can creep back in, but we MUST persevere.  I've found it helpful to pray Scripture back to God often using Galatians 5:22, 23 - "Lord, fill me with Your love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness & self-control."  I dare say, if we can be FULL of the Fruit of the Spirit, there is not much room for anything else.
     Often when searching for a picture, I find one that gives me a different perspective on what I want to share in a post. The following picture was one of those instances.

As women are minds are always full - what to do next, places to go, who to call or pick up and on and on.  We often feel we can't shut our minds off when we go to bed.  When our heart is full of desires that please God then our mind will follow, But we must ask God to fill us with what pleases Him. We cannot do it - the desire may be there but we must ask.   I'd like to end with these Scriptures:   Matthew 22:7  Jesus replied: 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.'     Psalm 37:4 Delight yourself in the LORD and he will give you the desires of your heart.   Philippians 4:8 Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable - if anything is excellent or praiseworthy - think about such things. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. They encourage me greatly. Blessings on your day.