My Divine Assignment: To Encourage Others

A dear friend who has gone to be with the Lord once told me I was her Barnabas which Biblically means "encourager." I never saw myself like that, but as I've grown in my walk with the Lord it seems that is my desire. I hope that what I share here will be an encouragement to you as we trust the Lord - for great is His Faithfulness.

My Divine Assignment: To Encourage Others.
In Christ's Love, Shelley



KEEP His JOY IN TRIALS, TEARS & TRIUMPHS ~~ A WOMAN'S HEART SHOULD BE SO COMPLETELY LOST IN God THAT A MAN MUST SEEK Him TO FIND HER ~~ Our desire to learn God's Word must be greater than our need to breathe ~~











Thursday, November 24, 2011

Good Intetnions

     Thanksgiving day was pretty much a routine day. As Abbi worked Thanksgiving & Amanda works the weekend we will celebrate Friday evening.  One thing I did was the "one thing" I said I would not do - put away Thanksgiving decorations before we had our meal together.  My good intentions were swept away by my desire to do a little deep cleaning before I decorated for Christmas.
     On Wednesday, I had the 2 older grand-girls & we made a trip to Lima. We hit quite a few stores for some returns and for "know what I want" shopping.  Morgan said it was a shopping day, not a fun day.  But they picked out a new toy for the Caring & Sharing project & we did enjoy lunch at the Mexican restaurant.  Wherever we went I handed out Gospel Tracts about the true purpose of Thanksgiving, explaining to my girls why I do this.  Not one person rejected my "gift" & all seemed very appreciative.  My intention was for the girls & I to share these with the neighbors when we got home, but the weather clouded out my good intentions.
     Thanksgiving day came & I had planned on simply putting the tracts with a written note in the mail boxes of my neighbors, but once again my good intentions kept being moved to the bottom of my to-do list.  It did not get done.
     Later in the evening, a comment on the radio pierced my heart - "an attitude of gratitude doesn't mean much if we don't put it in to action."  I have recently realized that I seem to have many "good intentions" that are never put into action.  Very simple things, easy to do things that would bless someone or even draw them to Christ, yet I've missed the opportunity to possibly change a life for eternity.  My heart grieves at the thought & how it must grieve my Lord. Yet I am very thankful that "His mercies are new EVERY day" & I can choose to turn my good intentions into actions that bless my Lord & others.
Matthew 5:16   ... let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven.
Matthew 6:19-21  "Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven... For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.

(Image from google -pcgamersworld.com)

1 comment:

  1. So timely - this is the season I have more good intentions than usual. . . and I neglect too many. thanks for the reminder of God's desire for the good intentions He gives us!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. They encourage me greatly. Blessings on your day.