My Divine Assignment: To Encourage Others

A dear friend who has gone to be with the Lord once told me I was her Barnabas which Biblically means "encourager." I never saw myself like that, but as I've grown in my walk with the Lord it seems that is my desire. I hope that what I share here will be an encouragement to you as we trust the Lord - for great is His Faithfulness.

My Divine Assignment: To Encourage Others.
In Christ's Love, Shelley



KEEP His JOY IN TRIALS, TEARS & TRIUMPHS ~~ A WOMAN'S HEART SHOULD BE SO COMPLETELY LOST IN God THAT A MAN MUST SEEK Him TO FIND HER ~~ Our desire to learn God's Word must be greater than our need to breathe ~~











Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Seriously ....

     Or as one of my grand-daughters who can't say her "s" would say - derioudly. Of course we now have to acknowledge the abbreviations that have come about due to texting.  I bet the teachers love that as I've heard that some kids include it in written papers because (or b/c) that's what they do all day.  Plz, I mean please, can we get back to good old English. Seriously !!!!
      For the second time in 5 minutes, the paragraph I just wrote has disappeared completely & I can't remember what I wrote the first time because it often comes to me as I am typing.  It has made me wonder, even now, is there something else God wants me to be doing or is there another force that doesn't want me to share my heart about the things of God?  I know that even doing things for God can get in the way of what God really wants us to be doing. It is really hard to know sometimes.
     And actually that is the reason for the topic of this post - How serious am I about my Christianity, my DAILY walk with Christ? Or more to the point, how serious am I about REALLY sharing the Gospel with others?  We are not all called to be Billy Graham or Ruth Graham for that matter, but as believers we ARE called to share the Gospel because it is the ONLY thing that keeps us from spending eternity in hell. Yet, even in writing that statement, it is uncomfortable - why is it so awkward to share the Truth?
     Sometimes I feel God wants me to step up to the next level beyond sharing tracts at the check-out or leaving them on a table with a generous tip.  But do I wait for the "opportunity" or do I "go" knock on my neighbors door to find out if they have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ?  How uncomfortable should I be or am I willing to be to tell someone about Christ?  Anyone who truly loves the Lord probably never feels that they are doing enough so in a way that can be good.
     I don't know if there is an answer to all the questions I have or you might have.  But for now I will persevere in knowing Him more intimately with each passing day, loving others through acts of kindness & words of encouragement & seriously keep in mind what my purpose here is all about.
     Philippians 3:11-14    Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already been made perfect, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me. Brothers, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead,  I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. They encourage me greatly. Blessings on your day.