My Divine Assignment: To Encourage Others

A dear friend who has gone to be with the Lord once told me I was her Barnabas which Biblically means "encourager." I never saw myself like that, but as I've grown in my walk with the Lord it seems that is my desire. I hope that what I share here will be an encouragement to you as we trust the Lord - for great is His Faithfulness.

My Divine Assignment: To Encourage Others.
In Christ's Love, Shelley



KEEP His JOY IN TRIALS, TEARS & TRIUMPHS ~~ A WOMAN'S HEART SHOULD BE SO COMPLETELY LOST IN God THAT A MAN MUST SEEK Him TO FIND HER ~~ Our desire to learn God's Word must be greater than our need to breathe ~~











Friday, March 8, 2013

LOVE my life... (part 1)








 I really do LOVE my life  - 99%  of the time.  I have a hard-working, faithful but annoying husband; I have 2 helpful, but annoying son-in-laws; I have 2 beautiful, great cooks, awesome Godly mothers as daughters, 4 Screamin' Meemies (meemies defined as "nervous hysteria" - OH YEAH !!) & one Adam Buddy - full of Miller genes, professional face maker, otherwise known as "Judy" (ask his Mom).

As I go about my day at home there are times I  find myself thinking, "I LOVE my life" as I did this morning.  First, let me say the primary source for loving my life is because at age 35, Jesus Christ, who had never stopped pursuing me, made Himself completely known.  As I look back over almost 30 years (YIKES) of knowing Him & His deep love for me, I have finally realized that I have been making "imperfect progress" towards an eternal goal (thanks to the book by Lysa Terkeurst Unglued Devotional - 60 Days to Imperfect Progress ).

Just in writing this post, I cannot tell you the JOY that is filling me to over-flowing.  In part 2, I will share with you the other 1% of what goes on in my life and how I have learned to persevere through it.
Nehemiah 8:10  Do not grieve, for the JOY of the is your strength.”


PS - yes, I do know that I, too, can be annoying  - no perfect people this side of Heaven.  :-)
Oh Yeah - I needed to look up whether to use yea or yeah. Found this link:  Grammarphobia

TOO FUNNY - Trivia:  The Screaming Meemees were one of the biggest post-punk new-wave pop bands in New Zealand in the early 1980's.

image:ilovemylifeandthepeopleinit.facebook.com 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. They encourage me greatly. Blessings on your day.