My Divine Assignment: To Encourage Others

A dear friend who has gone to be with the Lord once told me I was her Barnabas which Biblically means "encourager." I never saw myself like that, but as I've grown in my walk with the Lord it seems that is my desire. I hope that what I share here will be an encouragement to you as we trust the Lord - for great is His Faithfulness.

My Divine Assignment: To Encourage Others.
In Christ's Love, Shelley



KEEP His JOY IN TRIALS, TEARS & TRIUMPHS ~~ A WOMAN'S HEART SHOULD BE SO COMPLETELY LOST IN God THAT A MAN MUST SEEK Him TO FIND HER ~~ Our desire to learn God's Word must be greater than our need to breathe ~~











Saturday, March 23, 2013

Teach Your Children Well.....

     It's just pure JOY when I can use a pic I've download with a title for a post that "pops" into my head AND I'm given the thoughts to go along with them.  Some of the following thoughts came after someone shared with me that while caring for her 6 grand-kids for a few days she "ran" them to dance, piano, sports, etc.
     What our children are involved in has changed GREATLY  since my girls were small and IMMENSELY since I was a child.  I wondered today, "Are we allowing our children time to be children?"  Are they involved is so many activities that they really don't have time to just play? Are we/they so busy that we are not training them in what really matters?   
     As I look back, I am so grateful that I have two daughters -Godly young women - since I lacked the know how of "training" them in their early years - I became a Believer at age 35.  If I could go back & do it over, knowing what I know now, there are things we would have not participated in & spent more time in God's Word learning to become like Christ.  One of the girls shared in Bible Study a few years ago she would not have been in as many things in high school.
    We, as women, have been told the lie that "you can have it all."  The truth is, no we can't.  We often settle for "better" ignoring what is truly BEST.  Might it be so with our children?  What's here on earth is temporary.  Teach them what is eternal because the only thing we can take to Heaven is those we have led to Christ.
     I love this:
I would simply add: "to bring them to the Saving Grace of Jesus Christ so they may go into ALL the world to bring the Good News."

God's Word is clear when it comes to teaching our children:
Deuteronomy 6:7 - Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up.


Deuteronomy 11:18-21  Fix these words of mine in your hearts and minds; tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads.
 Teach them to your children, talking about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up.
Write them on the door frames of your houses and on your gates, 
so that your days and the days of your children may be many in the land the swore to give your ancestors, as many as the days that the heavens are above the earth.



  
First Image: blog.vantage.com
Second Image:  handprint.niccm.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. They encourage me greatly. Blessings on your day.