My Divine Assignment: To Encourage Others

A dear friend who has gone to be with the Lord once told me I was her Barnabas which Biblically means "encourager." I never saw myself like that, but as I've grown in my walk with the Lord it seems that is my desire. I hope that what I share here will be an encouragement to you as we trust the Lord - for great is His Faithfulness.

My Divine Assignment: To Encourage Others.
In Christ's Love, Shelley



KEEP His JOY IN TRIALS, TEARS & TRIUMPHS ~~ A WOMAN'S HEART SHOULD BE SO COMPLETELY LOST IN God THAT A MAN MUST SEEK Him TO FIND HER ~~ Our desire to learn God's Word must be greater than our need to breathe ~~











Sunday, July 17, 2011

Master Gardener

    On Saturday, I went to the Van Wert Master Gardeners' Walk.  We didn't make it tall all 11 sites because by noon it was HOT & HUMID, taking your breath away.  I love being in my garden this year as it has been a few years since I've really had the energy to be out there. I'm working on some vertical gardening this year.  I've pretty well "deleted" the squash bugs, only finding a few eggs here & there - I immediately remove them with duct tape.  Now I am at war with the the tomato worms.  I found out from my Master Gardener, Kylee, that it's the tobacco worm - they look similar.  She said I shouldn't kill them because of the moths they turn into, but I still need convincing after seeing what 4 separate worms have done to 4 tomato plants.
     The gardens we visited take time & dedication, especially the home of Fred & Louise Hartwig (photo frome their home), Kylee's parents, but how wonderful they look. Louise likes to stay busy & there is no doubt she is very busy keeping up with her amazing landscaping.  I admire her & the others' commitment but I'm not ready to "go there" myself, so I enJOY the beauty & hard work of others.
     That night as I was in my quiet time before bed, I opened up my Prayers for the Moment & randomly turned to a page.  The topic was Spiritual Growth with the page title To Draw Near to God.  What are the "chances" that on that page would be a reference to gardening??  Here's part of the prayer taken from John 15:7,8 - May we abide in the Vine, sustained by Christ's life, living by His Words, bearing His Fruit -- much fruit.  In preceding verses Christ says, "I am the Vine; you are the branches.  If you remain in Me & I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from Me you can do nothing."
     May we heed the call of our Master Gardener as we enJOY all the beauty of this earth He has given us.  Take the seeds He has planted in you & spread them wherever you go.  We may plant, another will water, but God does the gardening of the heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. They encourage me greatly. Blessings on your day.