My Divine Assignment: To Encourage Others

A dear friend who has gone to be with the Lord once told me I was her Barnabas which Biblically means "encourager." I never saw myself like that, but as I've grown in my walk with the Lord it seems that is my desire. I hope that what I share here will be an encouragement to you as we trust the Lord - for great is His Faithfulness.

My Divine Assignment: To Encourage Others.
In Christ's Love, Shelley



KEEP His JOY IN TRIALS, TEARS & TRIUMPHS ~~ A WOMAN'S HEART SHOULD BE SO COMPLETELY LOST IN God THAT A MAN MUST SEEK Him TO FIND HER ~~ Our desire to learn God's Word must be greater than our need to breathe ~~











Sunday, July 10, 2011

Ripple Effect

      As I pondered what I felt God had placed on My Heart to share, I had a few different thoughts.  Not by accident, one was confirmed this morning as I listened to David Jeremiah  while getting ready for church.  It was about encouragement.  This week I had thought about the word "courage" & how a few letters can quickly change the meaning.  What a contrast by either adding "en" or "dis."
     From Dictionary.com - Courage as a noun: the quality of mind or spirit that enables a person to face difficulty, danger, pain, etc., without fear; have the courage of one's convictions, to act in accordance with one's beliefs, especially in spite of criticism.
Discourage - verb: to deprive of courage, hope, or confidence; dishearten; dispirit. Encourage - verb: to inspire with courage, spirit, or confidence; embolden, hearten, reassure, urge; support, aid, help.
     Dr. Jeremiah shared these thoughts.  Encouragement is an urgent need in our day; it is a unique priority of God; it is the underlying purpose of the Bible & once begun has no end as the ripples of a pebble thrown into the water.  Either we have a heart for encouragement or we don't.  Like many things it is a choice & taking one brief moment for a hug, kind word, phone call, or short note will have a ripple effect now or eventually.  The Bible has much to say about encouragement.  Often the Psalms reveal the discouragement of people whether self-inflicted or from others.  Yet, most times those specific Psalms end with encouraging words because of their hope & trust in God.
      II Thessalonians 2:16,17 -  May our Lord Jesus Christ Himself & God our Father, who loved us & by His grace gave us eternal encouragement & good hope, to encourage your hearts & strengthen you in every good deed and word.
If you would like to study more Scriptures on this link to Study Light  & type in encourage, encouraging & encouragement separately - then choose a version of the Bible.  You will be ENCOURAGED so that you can encourage others.
      In times like these, we must have hearts of encouragement to bring the Good News of Eternal Life to others.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. They encourage me greatly. Blessings on your day.