My Divine Assignment: To Encourage Others

A dear friend who has gone to be with the Lord once told me I was her Barnabas which Biblically means "encourager." I never saw myself like that, but as I've grown in my walk with the Lord it seems that is my desire. I hope that what I share here will be an encouragement to you as we trust the Lord - for great is His Faithfulness.

My Divine Assignment: To Encourage Others.
In Christ's Love, Shelley



KEEP His JOY IN TRIALS, TEARS & TRIUMPHS ~~ A WOMAN'S HEART SHOULD BE SO COMPLETELY LOST IN God THAT A MAN MUST SEEK Him TO FIND HER ~~ Our desire to learn God's Word must be greater than our need to breathe ~~











Thursday, July 14, 2011

Survival of ....

     It's amazing what the Lord brings to mind at times.  I was out in the yard trying to catch up & get ahead of the weeds, etc.  I thought about what one of my daughters said the other day when it came to watering the plants or not.  Her outlook was "Survival of the Fittest."  Between work & caring for children that sometimes has to be the bottom line.
     Yet today, as I was considering what to do next, Survival of the Fittest came to mind but RIGHT behind it was Survival of the Faithful.  I LOVE WHEN THAT HAPPENS.
At some point, with the "dry spell" we are having, you have to decide how much water you will to use to keep things alive.  As Christians we also have "dry spells" & we may need to decide what areas of our lives need to be "watered."  But never forget the Bible PROMISES that the Faithful will Survive.  The best way to do that - grab The Survival Manual & dig deep until your thirst is quenched with the Living Water.  It's never in short supply.
     I am learning that being faithful  & persevering means making the choice to do it.  Sometimes it can be done quickly, sometimes it may take a day or a week, but do not give up.  It's not always easy, but it's always the right choice.  If you need help to get through, ask for it.
    I Timothy 1:12 I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who has given me strength, that He considered me faithful, appointing me to His service.  
Revelation 2:10 ...Be faithful, even to the point of death, and I will give you
the crown of life.
Revelation 14:12 This calls for patient endurance on the part of the saints who obey God's commandments and remain faithful to Jesus.
    


1 comment:

  1. I always appreciate your positive outlook and example of faithfulness, Shelley.

    Marjie Giffin

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. They encourage me greatly. Blessings on your day.