My Divine Assignment: To Encourage Others

A dear friend who has gone to be with the Lord once told me I was her Barnabas which Biblically means "encourager." I never saw myself like that, but as I've grown in my walk with the Lord it seems that is my desire. I hope that what I share here will be an encouragement to you as we trust the Lord - for great is His Faithfulness.

My Divine Assignment: To Encourage Others.
In Christ's Love, Shelley



KEEP His JOY IN TRIALS, TEARS & TRIUMPHS ~~ A WOMAN'S HEART SHOULD BE SO COMPLETELY LOST IN God THAT A MAN MUST SEEK Him TO FIND HER ~~ Our desire to learn God's Word must be greater than our need to breathe ~~











Monday, July 4, 2011

Pretty Nails

     After working in the garden these past 4 days along with 37 years of being a dental hygienist (almost 31 with Doc) I have AGAIN come to the conclusion I will NEVER have pretty nails.  I need to keep them fairly short for my job which is quite easy - even when they get to a nice length they soon break off .  Genetics has also made them thin.  Oh well, in about six months, I will reach that wonderful age of, shall we say thirty score?  For the most part it really does not bother me.  Sometimes the Granny arms & the spider veins aren't so "pretty" but they are easily covered up.
     So the pretty nails would be nice but pail in comparison with the fact that I am relatively healthy, can get out in the garden, & still enJOY my job (with a few neck & shoulder pains).  Most of all, I can be an active Grandma to 5 incredibly cute, fun & some times exhausting (what do expect at almost 60) grandkids.  I truly thank the Lord for that because long ago I prayed that my little ones could live close so that I could help them know & love the Lord.  Pray answered !!!  Wouldn't trade that for pretty nails or pretty anything else!!!!  And for those of you who have pretty nails I am on occasion jealous.
     As women of God it is not wrong to want to look nice or have nice things.  We know the most important thing is that our heart is right with Him.  Ipray that we age gracefully in the fact that we are fearfully & wonderfully made in His image.  When you look in the mirror or when others look at you, who do they see?
                                                                                                         Charm is deceptive, & beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised.  Give her the reward she has earned, & let her works bring her praise at the city gate.  Proverbs 31:30, 31

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. They encourage me greatly. Blessings on your day.