My Divine Assignment: To Encourage Others

A dear friend who has gone to be with the Lord once told me I was her Barnabas which Biblically means "encourager." I never saw myself like that, but as I've grown in my walk with the Lord it seems that is my desire. I hope that what I share here will be an encouragement to you as we trust the Lord - for great is His Faithfulness.

My Divine Assignment: To Encourage Others.
In Christ's Love, Shelley



KEEP His JOY IN TRIALS, TEARS & TRIUMPHS ~~ A WOMAN'S HEART SHOULD BE SO COMPLETELY LOST IN God THAT A MAN MUST SEEK Him TO FIND HER ~~ Our desire to learn God's Word must be greater than our need to breathe ~~











Thursday, April 7, 2011

AND

Think about it - AND is a very important word.  Peanut butter AND jelly, up AND down, black AND white, this AND that, Romeo AND Juliet, rest AND relaxation (my favorite).  AND is a word of connection.  It even has it's own symbol - &.  I love how that looks in some of the fonts I have on my computer.  Many years ago it was brought to my attention that the use of AND between two specific names should have an important meaning in my life as well - Lord AND Savior.  The question was asked, "If Jesus is not your Lord has He really saved you?"  As in the title of my last post, I Surrender, the question again comes down to "have I surrendered ALL?"  When I come under my Lord's saving grace, calling Him my Savior , I am to submit all areas of my life to Him as Lord.  When the words "Lord and Savior" are used in Scripture, the name Lord comes first. This should speak clearly  to us - we cannot have one with out the other.  His is Lord over all whether we choose to come under His authority. By His strength & wisdom, not our own, may we make Him Lord of life.

Therefore, brethren, be all the more diligent to make certain about His calling and choosing you; for as long as you practice these things, you will never stumble;  for in this way the entrance into the  eternal kingdom of our Lord AND Savior Jesus Christ will be abundantly  supplied  to you.   I Peter 1:11

You therefore, beloved, knowing this beforehand, be on your guard so that you are not carried away by the error of unprincipled men and fall from your own steadfastness, but grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord AND Savior Jesus Christ. To Him be the glory, both now and to the day of eternity. Amen.   I Peter 3:18

P.S.  I've added some wonderful books for Easter under Growing Disciples page.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. They encourage me greatly. Blessings on your day.