My Divine Assignment: To Encourage Others

A dear friend who has gone to be with the Lord once told me I was her Barnabas which Biblically means "encourager." I never saw myself like that, but as I've grown in my walk with the Lord it seems that is my desire. I hope that what I share here will be an encouragement to you as we trust the Lord - for great is His Faithfulness.

My Divine Assignment: To Encourage Others.
In Christ's Love, Shelley



KEEP His JOY IN TRIALS, TEARS & TRIUMPHS ~~ A WOMAN'S HEART SHOULD BE SO COMPLETELY LOST IN God THAT A MAN MUST SEEK Him TO FIND HER ~~ Our desire to learn God's Word must be greater than our need to breathe ~~











Saturday, April 23, 2011

It's Empty !!!!!

 If my bank account, refrigerator, gas tank or well are empty that is not a good thing.  I tried hard to think of the positive of empty.  If my mailbox is empty that means no bills to pay & if my dishwasher is empty I don't have to put dishes away.  Those can be good things.  But there is no "empty" like the empty tomb on Easter morning.  He is RISEN !!! (cartoon by Inherit the Mirth)  It's what this day is ALL about.  For if He is not, then my faith is futile & the JOY I find in doing this blog has no meaning.  The life of Christ & the empty tomb are not just Biblical facts, they are historical - they were recorded in other books besides the Bible.  One thing I love about the Resurrection story is how God has injected some humor. Matthew 28:13 "You (the soldiers) are to say, 'His disciples came during the night and stole Him away while we were asleep."  Now think about that. Duh !!!!  I also love that Jesus met the women first - He knew the news about Him would spread quickly that way !!!!!  Matthew 28:8-10 So the women hurried away from the tomb, afraid yet filled with JOY, and ran to tell His disciples. Suddenly Jesus met them. “Greetings,” He said. They came to Him, clasped His feet and worshiped Him. Then Jesus said to them, Do not be afraid. Go and tell my brothers to go to Galilee; there they will see Me.”
WOW !!! Here's a final thought.  If you were given the awesome opportunity to introduce Christ after He had risen from the dead, how would you do it?  Here is how Steve Harvey would - Needs No Introduction

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. They encourage me greatly. Blessings on your day.