My Divine Assignment: To Encourage Others

A dear friend who has gone to be with the Lord once told me I was her Barnabas which Biblically means "encourager." I never saw myself like that, but as I've grown in my walk with the Lord it seems that is my desire. I hope that what I share here will be an encouragement to you as we trust the Lord - for great is His Faithfulness.

My Divine Assignment: To Encourage Others.
In Christ's Love, Shelley



KEEP His JOY IN TRIALS, TEARS & TRIUMPHS ~~ A WOMAN'S HEART SHOULD BE SO COMPLETELY LOST IN God THAT A MAN MUST SEEK Him TO FIND HER ~~ Our desire to learn God's Word must be greater than our need to breathe ~~











Friday, April 22, 2011

IT IS FINISHED !!!!

  Our daughter Abbi, her husband Aaron & her daughters are longing to hear her say, "It is finished !!"  In 2013 she will become a Nurse Practitioner.  It's been a long time coming.  A lot of hard work & time in between being wife & mother & working two 12 hour shifts a week and every third weekend as a nurse in Lima.
   Our daughter Amanda & her husband David were in the process of building their home when she was pregnant with Allison, now 5.  It got her out of painting but I'm certain that she was thrilled they moved in shortly before Allie was born.  She was able to say "it is finished" concerning some things at that point.  No doubt we all have had times in our life when were able to say the same and breathe a sigh of relief.
     When Jesus spoke those words as He took His final breath I have to wonder if He actually was relieved?  Why do I ask that?  Because of these amazing words from Hebrews 12:2  Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before Him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. Could He really find joy in the shame of the cross?  YES, YES, YES !!!!!  Because He had FINISHED the work the Father had given Him to do.  And for that reason, when our Spiritual Enemy the devil attempts to wear us down, we need to remind ourselves of this:  Jesus did not say, "I am finished" but "It is finished."  How do we know that?  This painting  says it all.
 Keys of Hell

Please visit The Inspired Art of Danny Hahlbohm to view his AMAZING paintings & order prints.    The first picture, Question, is also by Danny.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. They encourage me greatly. Blessings on your day.