My Divine Assignment: To Encourage Others

A dear friend who has gone to be with the Lord once told me I was her Barnabas which Biblically means "encourager." I never saw myself like that, but as I've grown in my walk with the Lord it seems that is my desire. I hope that what I share here will be an encouragement to you as we trust the Lord - for great is His Faithfulness.

My Divine Assignment: To Encourage Others.
In Christ's Love, Shelley



KEEP His JOY IN TRIALS, TEARS & TRIUMPHS ~~ A WOMAN'S HEART SHOULD BE SO COMPLETELY LOST IN God THAT A MAN MUST SEEK Him TO FIND HER ~~ Our desire to learn God's Word must be greater than our need to breathe ~~











Saturday, April 16, 2011

PASSION

The definition of passion: any powerful or compelling emotion or feeling, as love or hate; a strong or extravagant fondness, enthusiasm, or desire for anything.  It is likely that we all have a passion for something - sports, reading, gardening, exercise to name a few.  There is nothing wrong with being passionate about something, unless it consumes you to the point of becoming an obsession.  There are passions for things that can hurt us, control us, that can lead to death.  No one chooses to make those things the passion of their lives but it happens.
Sunday is the start of what most call Holy Week or Passion Week, beginning with Palm Sunday through Easter Sunday. Passion Week is so named because of the passion with which Jesus willingly went to the cross in order to pay for the sins of His people.  The key to the Passion of Christ is that He chose this path to follow because of His obedience to the Father.  Matthew 26:39 - And He went a little beyond them, and fell on His face and prayed, saying, "My Father, if it is possible, let this cup pass from Me; yet not as I will, but as You will."  The words in the picture (from porter productions @ google images) I've included need careful consideration. We can be passionate about many things in an intellectual way but it is truly those things we are passionate about from the heart that can change our lives & the lives of others.  Some will be called to give their lives if their passion is to make Christ known.  Steven Curtis Chapman is one of my favorite singers. In his song Magnificent Obsession (click on title)  he shares these words - "I want this to be my one consuming passion."  Lord, may our only true obsession be found in the consuming passion of following Christ, no matter the cost.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. They encourage me greatly. Blessings on your day.