My Divine Assignment: To Encourage Others

A dear friend who has gone to be with the Lord once told me I was her Barnabas which Biblically means "encourager." I never saw myself like that, but as I've grown in my walk with the Lord it seems that is my desire. I hope that what I share here will be an encouragement to you as we trust the Lord - for great is His Faithfulness.

My Divine Assignment: To Encourage Others.
In Christ's Love, Shelley



KEEP His JOY IN TRIALS, TEARS & TRIUMPHS ~~ A WOMAN'S HEART SHOULD BE SO COMPLETELY LOST IN God THAT A MAN MUST SEEK Him TO FIND HER ~~ Our desire to learn God's Word must be greater than our need to breathe ~~











Thursday, April 21, 2011

TGIF

TGIF - Often this acronym is used to refer to the end of the work week & people are ready to relax or party.  Many use it as a praise -Thank God I'm Forgiven!!!
Today is called Good Friday.  How is that possible when a Man who was innocent bore the shame of a Roman crucifixion, the most horrendous form of execution known to man, all for the past, present, & future sins of the human race?  Only in the mind of God - "For nothing is impossible with God." Luke 1:37  We know that God's ways are not our ways & often we cannot comprehend them in such events as the loss of a child or a friend.  This is why we live by trust & faith.  Thais is what Easter is about.  We have no choice if we truly believe that God is good & we are forgiven.
       What is it about this day that gives us hope when everything about what we call Good Friday did not seem good at all?  The prophets foretold of it centuries before.  Jesus alluded to it in John 2:18-22 Then the Jews demanded of Him, "What miraculous sign can You show us to prove  Your authority to do all this?" Jesus answered them, "Destroy this temple, and I will raise it again in three days." The Jews replied, "It has taken forty-six years to build this temple, and You are going to raise it in three days?"  But the temple He had spoken of was His body.  After He was raised from the dead, His disciples recalled what He had said.  Notice that is says "after" so the men who had been with him for 3 years still didn't get it. 
Which brings us back to this day, Friday.  Take a few moments to watch It's Friday and rejoice at what's coming!!!!!!!!  Please share this post and/or video today.  There is someone you know that needs to hear it's message.   Blessings to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. They encourage me greatly. Blessings on your day.