My Divine Assignment: To Encourage Others

A dear friend who has gone to be with the Lord once told me I was her Barnabas which Biblically means "encourager." I never saw myself like that, but as I've grown in my walk with the Lord it seems that is my desire. I hope that what I share here will be an encouragement to you as we trust the Lord - for great is His Faithfulness.

My Divine Assignment: To Encourage Others.
In Christ's Love, Shelley



KEEP His JOY IN TRIALS, TEARS & TRIUMPHS ~~ A WOMAN'S HEART SHOULD BE SO COMPLETELY LOST IN God THAT A MAN MUST SEEK Him TO FIND HER ~~ Our desire to learn God's Word must be greater than our need to breathe ~~











Monday, April 18, 2011

What's in a Name?

When I was searching for photos for this I could not resist this one.  I'm betting that sometimes we & our children wished we could have had a say in picking our names. In a previous post, nick names were mentioned along with the choosing of names in the Bible.  Even our middle names are of importance especially when it is used by a mother. I've not always understood why people go by there middle name instead of their first name.  To further that, my Dad's given name was Gerald Eugene but they called him Pete.  His brother's name was Joe but was referred to as Dude, we even called him Uncle Dude.  We all know about those who seem to want the most outrageous names for their kids.  And don't forget the Johnny Cash song, "A Boy named Sue."
     If you've been reading this blog for any length of time, no doubt you know where I am headed with this.  Have you ever thought about the Names of Jesus?  Some are familiar - Alpha & Omega, King of Kings, Lord of Lords, Wonderfu Counselor, Mighty God, Prince of Peace.  As I pray through my Armor of God prayer (on the Encouraging Words page) I speak these Names at the end - My Comforter, Counselor, Defender, Deliverer,  Fortress, Healer, Hope, Protector, Provider, Redeemer, Refuge, Rock, Shelter, Shepherd, Shield, Strength, & Sustainer.   So that at the name of Jesus, every knee will bow of those who are in heaven and on earth and under the earth, that every tongue will confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.  Philippians 2:10, 11.  I came upon this short video The Name above all Names which is wonderful.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. They encourage me greatly. Blessings on your day.