My Divine Assignment: To Encourage Others

A dear friend who has gone to be with the Lord once told me I was her Barnabas which Biblically means "encourager." I never saw myself like that, but as I've grown in my walk with the Lord it seems that is my desire. I hope that what I share here will be an encouragement to you as we trust the Lord - for great is His Faithfulness.

My Divine Assignment: To Encourage Others.
In Christ's Love, Shelley



KEEP His JOY IN TRIALS, TEARS & TRIUMPHS ~~ A WOMAN'S HEART SHOULD BE SO COMPLETELY LOST IN God THAT A MAN MUST SEEK Him TO FIND HER ~~ Our desire to learn God's Word must be greater than our need to breathe ~~











Tuesday, April 5, 2011

I Surrrender.....

When little boys play army or cowboys someone usually has to surrender.  When little girls play, this doesn't seem to happen much - usually somebody gets mad or gets their feelings hurt & goes home.  I decided to do a bit of searching about wars & surrender.  This is what I found in a Wikipedia link (I don't always trust it, because it can be changed by anyone).  I figured this link should be accurate & I read that from 1900 - 1989 there were 272 wars with a few still "ongoing."  The link showed the "victory" & "defeat" categories by flags of the Nations.  Something soon caught my eye in the years 1944-89.  Israel was noted in 15 wars & out of the 15 they were ALWAYS in the victory column. As a born again Christian, I'm not surprised & at the same time grateful.  It's a simple fact that proves God keeps His promises.  We'd be wise to remember that He keeps them to the just AND to the unjust.  But the basis for this post is a different surrender. I remember a Bible leader on TV starting to sing the hymn that begins with those words, except she changed it a bit.  It went like this - I surrender some, I surrender some, Some to Thee my blessed Savior, I surrender some.  Now if you've been in church even a few times in your life you know it's not some but ALL.  OUCH!!!  It didn't take a me but a few seconds to get her point.  Then the second verse contains this - Worldly pleasures all forsaken.  OUCH AGAIN!!!  It's a matter of the heart & it's not easy, but it should be our true desire to surrender ALL to Him.  It doesn't have to be legalistic, just heart felt.  As Easter draws closer, let us surrender ALL to Him.   Then Jesus said to his disciples, "If anyone would come after Me, he must deny himself and take up his cross and follow Me.   Matthew 16:24 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. They encourage me greatly. Blessings on your day.