My Divine Assignment: To Encourage Others

A dear friend who has gone to be with the Lord once told me I was her Barnabas which Biblically means "encourager." I never saw myself like that, but as I've grown in my walk with the Lord it seems that is my desire. I hope that what I share here will be an encouragement to you as we trust the Lord - for great is His Faithfulness.

My Divine Assignment: To Encourage Others.
In Christ's Love, Shelley



KEEP His JOY IN TRIALS, TEARS & TRIUMPHS ~~ A WOMAN'S HEART SHOULD BE SO COMPLETELY LOST IN God THAT A MAN MUST SEEK Him TO FIND HER ~~ Our desire to learn God's Word must be greater than our need to breathe ~~











Wednesday, April 20, 2011

I've Got a Secret

Anyone remember this show from their childhood?  It ran from 1952 (a very good year) to 1967 in black & white.  The premise was for the panel to guess what "secret" the guest was concealing. I don't remember many of the programs but found this: On February 9th, 1956, 96 year old Samuel Seymour appeared as a guest.  Mr. Seymour was the last surviving witness to the assassination of President Lincoln, and he was five years old at the time. This link should bring back memories for some of you I've Got A Secret.  Of course as children we would ask, "Do you want to know a secret?'  or taunt others with "I know something you don't know."  As adults there are things that we don't reveal about ourselves that could be considered secrets.  Sometimes "keeping secrets" is not beneficial if it keeps us controlled by something harmful or we know some one else is being harmed.  It's fun to keep a secret if, when revealed, it will bring JOY to others as in a party or gift.
        Many years ago, Kylee & I went to the Embassy theater to see Michael W. Smith perform.  I can remember to this day as if there was a video in my mind of him singing one song in particular.  Jesus Christ came for the soul purpose of saving the lost but to do that He had "to give His life away."  That was His Secret Ambition (video link).    Mark 10:45 "For even the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give His life a ransom for many."

1 comment:

  1. I remember that, too! "Secret Ambition" is one of my very favorite MWS songs. Great memory. Great song. Perfect timing for this post.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. They encourage me greatly. Blessings on your day.