My Divine Assignment: To Encourage Others

A dear friend who has gone to be with the Lord once told me I was her Barnabas which Biblically means "encourager." I never saw myself like that, but as I've grown in my walk with the Lord it seems that is my desire. I hope that what I share here will be an encouragement to you as we trust the Lord - for great is His Faithfulness.

My Divine Assignment: To Encourage Others.
In Christ's Love, Shelley



KEEP His JOY IN TRIALS, TEARS & TRIUMPHS ~~ A WOMAN'S HEART SHOULD BE SO COMPLETELY LOST IN God THAT A MAN MUST SEEK Him TO FIND HER ~~ Our desire to learn God's Word must be greater than our need to breathe ~~











Saturday, April 2, 2011

Simplify

Years ago, I purchased a small picture with these words - Simplify it's good for the soul.  Oh how those words are so true for ALL areas of our lives.  Spring is here & many of us our simplifying our homes by getting rid of "stuff"  (more on this in a future post).  It's seems I get rid of a lot each year, so it must be reproducing in the closet at night !! A very long time ago I cross-stitched this - Use it up, Wear it out, Make it do, Do without.   I need to put that on my fridge.  Of course we are all familiar with K.I.S.S. - Keep it Simple Sweetheart When we simplify our "material" lives, it is so much easier to simplify our spiritual lives.  For the most part, I'm ALWAYS doing something, I can't sit still - ask my family.  My Mom couldn't either.  Dad said if something wasn't nailed down, she'd move it. I've become my mother !!!  I enJOY all that I do, but I need to learn to "be still" & simplify for the benefit of my Soul. This Scripture seems to fit “But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness: and all these things shall be added unto you” (Matthew 6:33).  We can't seek the Kingdom if our lives are cluttered.  And John 10:10 helps understand why we need to keep it simple. I came that you may have and enjoy life in abundance, to the full, until it overflows!  As I was searching I found this link How to Simplify Your Life.  It's  short PDF you might want to copy & do your own study on.  I plan to do it this week.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. They encourage me greatly. Blessings on your day.