My Divine Assignment: To Encourage Others

A dear friend who has gone to be with the Lord once told me I was her Barnabas which Biblically means "encourager." I never saw myself like that, but as I've grown in my walk with the Lord it seems that is my desire. I hope that what I share here will be an encouragement to you as we trust the Lord - for great is His Faithfulness.

My Divine Assignment: To Encourage Others.
In Christ's Love, Shelley



KEEP His JOY IN TRIALS, TEARS & TRIUMPHS ~~ A WOMAN'S HEART SHOULD BE SO COMPLETELY LOST IN God THAT A MAN MUST SEEK Him TO FIND HER ~~ Our desire to learn God's Word must be greater than our need to breathe ~~











Tuesday, April 26, 2011

King Who?

When I was in high school girls really didn't participate in sports - mainly basketball in gym & that was half court.  I loved football.  Three of my cousins played and my Dad had played semi-pro in South Bend, IN. Our girls played volleyball & some basketball.  I enJOYed watching them & the boys games also. After the girls graduated, we took a hiatus from high school events.  With our oldest grand-daughter turning six, & 4 more following close behind, I figure it will start all over again soon.  Football is still my favorite - mainly college.  I rarely watch anything else, so when Don is flipping channels to watch every game that is on I find something else to do.
     Sometime last year I saw that in 2005 Lebron James had said, "In the next 15 or 20 years, I hope I'll be the richest man in the world. That's one of my goals. I want to be a billionaire."  It has been said that he nicknamed himself "King James" but I don't know that for certain.  There is ONE thing I do know for certain.  There is only One True King and Lebron James is NOT it.  Revelation 9:16 makes it perfectly clear - On His robe and on His thigh He has this name written: KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS.

2 comments:

  1. thank you for your continued hard work and faithfullness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. :-) Nope, he's not King James. I don't have a goal of getting rich but, I sure wish I knew how to get in the front of the line. :) I always think of the woman with the issue of blood and she worked so hard to get to the front of the line, pushed her way through the crowd so she could touch Jesus. I want to be in the front of the crowd too, not two blocks back.
    Thats better than all the gold in the whole earth.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. They encourage me greatly. Blessings on your day.