My Divine Assignment: To Encourage Others

A dear friend who has gone to be with the Lord once told me I was her Barnabas which Biblically means "encourager." I never saw myself like that, but as I've grown in my walk with the Lord it seems that is my desire. I hope that what I share here will be an encouragement to you as we trust the Lord - for great is His Faithfulness.

My Divine Assignment: To Encourage Others.
In Christ's Love, Shelley



KEEP His JOY IN TRIALS, TEARS & TRIUMPHS ~~ A WOMAN'S HEART SHOULD BE SO COMPLETELY LOST IN God THAT A MAN MUST SEEK Him TO FIND HER ~~ Our desire to learn God's Word must be greater than our need to breathe ~~











Friday, April 8, 2011

Pins & Needles

To be "on pins & needles" implies that one is anxious & nervous about what will happen.  This is true especially for me if I'm getting a shot (even from my favorite Dentist) because I do NOT like needles.  When my girls got their shots as babies I would hold them down & close my eyes or look the other way. Now pins, I don't have any trouble with.  For many years,  I sewed for my self & for the girls. I loved making them dresses.  Anymore, I basically sew straight lines if needed. So pins are okay, but needles are not.  Actually, I have an exception to this. As much as I dislike needles, I've had acupuncture done to help with allergies & recently to stimulate a very sluggish immune system.  I really don't mind them a bit, because you hardly know they've been placed.  I am neither anxious or nervous about what will happen.
There seems to be much going on in our world today that could keep us "on pins & needles" - family situations & illnesses, wars, natural disasters, terrorists, integrity in our leaders, integrity in our churches.  For a Christian it comes down to faith & trust in the Only One who can give us peace, His Peace, in uncertain times.  A movie Soul Surfer opened today about Bethany Hamilton who survived a shark attack in 2003.  What an example of faith & trust at a time when she was only 13.    Here is Bethany's life verse Jeremiah 29:11  "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you AND not to harm you, plans to give you hope AND a future."  But let's read the next two verses - "Then you will call upon Me AND come  AND pray to Me, AND I will listen to you.  You will seek Me AND find Me when you seek Me with ALL your heart."  (Notice that word AND? see the previous post)  Let us be deeply committed to instilling in our own children & grandchildren - a saving faith, a growing faith, an independent faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. They encourage me greatly. Blessings on your day.