My Divine Assignment: To Encourage Others

A dear friend who has gone to be with the Lord once told me I was her Barnabas which Biblically means "encourager." I never saw myself like that, but as I've grown in my walk with the Lord it seems that is my desire. I hope that what I share here will be an encouragement to you as we trust the Lord - for great is His Faithfulness.

My Divine Assignment: To Encourage Others.
In Christ's Love, Shelley



KEEP His JOY IN TRIALS, TEARS & TRIUMPHS ~~ A WOMAN'S HEART SHOULD BE SO COMPLETELY LOST IN God THAT A MAN MUST SEEK Him TO FIND HER ~~ Our desire to learn God's Word must be greater than our need to breathe ~~











Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Complain & Remain

Yes, I know, this pic seems to look a bit like the "No Whining" post.  Might I suggest they probably are closely related. As much as I promise I will not complain for just one day it seems to creep in at some point.  On my work days, there's often complaints about the weather & I try to make a positive reply most times. Here's a challenge: Try to take notice of even the smallest complaint that you speak or even think.  You might be amazed & also convicted.  What is it that even makes us feel we have the "right" to complain?  So we have a hard day at work or at home with the kids, gas is skyrocketing as is food and on and on and on.......  When those thoughts come to mind immediately turn your thoughts to praising the Lord for what you have been blessed with.  We all know we need to do this, but let's admit it,  we get so wrapped up in ourselves - there's no other way to put it.  It's not ALL about ME, so let's make it ALL about Him & live with JOY for all He has done for us.  A Bible Study teacher once said, "Complain & remain or praise & be raised." I don't think that needs much explanation.  But if you need one Philippians 2:14 makes it very clear - Do all things without complaining or grumbling.  I'm thinking I might need a piece of duct tape over my mouth initially, how about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. They encourage me greatly. Blessings on your day.