My Divine Assignment: To Encourage Others

A dear friend who has gone to be with the Lord once told me I was her Barnabas which Biblically means "encourager." I never saw myself like that, but as I've grown in my walk with the Lord it seems that is my desire. I hope that what I share here will be an encouragement to you as we trust the Lord - for great is His Faithfulness.

My Divine Assignment: To Encourage Others.
In Christ's Love, Shelley



KEEP His JOY IN TRIALS, TEARS & TRIUMPHS ~~ A WOMAN'S HEART SHOULD BE SO COMPLETELY LOST IN God THAT A MAN MUST SEEK Him TO FIND HER ~~ Our desire to learn God's Word must be greater than our need to breathe ~~











Monday, March 14, 2011

Seeds of the Future

I enJOY gardening, my friend Kylee LOVES it.  She & her mother travel all over to Garden shows. Kylee & I both know that you cannot plant a tiny seed, watch it grow into a flower, bush, or tree without understanding the miracle of what has taken place.  Bottom line: there is a God, there is no other explanation.  Often the fullness of what is planted will only be seen in the future when the gardener is no longer here.  In the light of that, as I live each day, what am I planting for the future in response to God's Word.  Psalm 1:2,3 The one who delights in the law of the Lord, meditates on it day & night.  He is like a tree planted by streams of water, yielding fruit in season...whatever he does prospers.  By living in obedience to His Word, I plant an example for my children, grandchildren & others.  By God's Grace may we plant seeds of godliness that will produce a harvest of blessings in the lives of others long after we are gone. Begin today in planting seeds for the future for His Kingdom.   (excerpts taken from writings of Paul J. Twist).
Just remember, every flower that ever bloomed had to go through a whole lot of dirt to get there!  Barbara Johnson

1 comment:

  1. "Who plants a seed beneath the sod,
    And waits to see, believes in God."

    ~one of my favorite gardening quotes and so true.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. They encourage me greatly. Blessings on your day.