My Divine Assignment: To Encourage Others

A dear friend who has gone to be with the Lord once told me I was her Barnabas which Biblically means "encourager." I never saw myself like that, but as I've grown in my walk with the Lord it seems that is my desire. I hope that what I share here will be an encouragement to you as we trust the Lord - for great is His Faithfulness.

My Divine Assignment: To Encourage Others.
In Christ's Love, Shelley



KEEP His JOY IN TRIALS, TEARS & TRIUMPHS ~~ A WOMAN'S HEART SHOULD BE SO COMPLETELY LOST IN God THAT A MAN MUST SEEK Him TO FIND HER ~~ Our desire to learn God's Word must be greater than our need to breathe ~~











Saturday, March 26, 2011

Friends Forever


This week has had it's ups & downs concerning friendships. I spent ta wonderful Thursday afternoon with Kylee, my friend of 30+ years. I had to call a life long friend, Marjie, to let tell her about another friend, Rosalie, who passed away on Sunday. Rosalie was one of our high school teachers along with her husband Don.  I baby sat for her kids.  She was only 74 but she lived life to the fullest & had a wonderful smile & laugh. Today in Columbia City where I grew up, they will have a Celebration of Life at the high school for Rosalie. I know for sure the school will be over flowing with people & tears. And though I cannot be there, I have the assurance I will see Rosalie again One Day.  Even in times of sadness, that's the JOY of having Forever Friends. I am not "happy" about this loss, but my JOY is found in the knowledge of the eternal.  My heart prays that you also have that JOY.  If you are not sure, then please Let Your Heart Seek Him, especially as we enter the real reason for JOY, Easter.  Romans 8:35, 38, 39   Who shall separate us from the love of Christ?  Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword? ... For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

2 comments:

  1. "Friends are friends forever, when the Lord's the Lord of them..."

    Love you, Shelley!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very nice tribute to Rosalie, Shelley . . . she was such a warm and caring lady. Marjie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. They encourage me greatly. Blessings on your day.