My Divine Assignment: To Encourage Others

A dear friend who has gone to be with the Lord once told me I was her Barnabas which Biblically means "encourager." I never saw myself like that, but as I've grown in my walk with the Lord it seems that is my desire. I hope that what I share here will be an encouragement to you as we trust the Lord - for great is His Faithfulness.

My Divine Assignment: To Encourage Others.
In Christ's Love, Shelley



KEEP His JOY IN TRIALS, TEARS & TRIUMPHS ~~ A WOMAN'S HEART SHOULD BE SO COMPLETELY LOST IN God THAT A MAN MUST SEEK Him TO FIND HER ~~ Our desire to learn God's Word must be greater than our need to breathe ~~











Thursday, March 10, 2011

Glitches

 The definition of glitches: a defect or malfunction in a machine or plan. I don't do well with glitches. A few days ago, people were able to leave comments on my blog.  Now the comments posted are NOT coming through. I've tried a number of "corrections" to no avail.  I've read the helps page. It didn't help. My friend Jodi does a blog & she's been through this also. Then there was the "glitch" with my Quick Books program - it will no longer open up. I had to purchase a new version. Another glitch - the new router I bought because the old one died, won't let me connect to the internet so I can use my laptop in a different room. These are all machine glitches, but what about glitches in our plans?  I don't do well with them either!!!!  In fact, you might say I can quickly lose my JOY. I've read enough to know when I don't handle these "glitches" well it's because of one thing - not getting my way. And the word for that is selfishness. The Bible has much to say about selfishness which is usually spoken of in acts toward others.  In the situations I've shared it's more about thinking "I don't deserve to have to put up with this, my time is too important."  But when I see what other words are listed in this Scripture verse, it really doesn't matter why I'm selfish - it's not a nice attitude either way.  Now the works of the flesh are plain: fornication, impurity, licentiousness, idolatry, sorcery, enmity, strife, jealousy, anger, selfishness, dissension, party spirit,  envy, drunkenness, carousing, and the like.  Galatians 5:19

1 comment:

  1. Hey Shelley,
    I thought I invented "glitches" Glad/sad to know I'm not alone.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. They encourage me greatly. Blessings on your day.