My Divine Assignment: To Encourage Others

A dear friend who has gone to be with the Lord once told me I was her Barnabas which Biblically means "encourager." I never saw myself like that, but as I've grown in my walk with the Lord it seems that is my desire. I hope that what I share here will be an encouragement to you as we trust the Lord - for great is His Faithfulness.

My Divine Assignment: To Encourage Others.
In Christ's Love, Shelley



KEEP His JOY IN TRIALS, TEARS & TRIUMPHS ~~ A WOMAN'S HEART SHOULD BE SO COMPLETELY LOST IN God THAT A MAN MUST SEEK Him TO FIND HER ~~ Our desire to learn God's Word must be greater than our need to breathe ~~











Monday, March 7, 2011

SIC

No, I'm not sick & yes, I can spell.  We've all seen MIL (mother-in-law)  or SIL (sister-in-law) & other such abbreviations. But I'm referring to SIC - Sisters-in-Christ.  I don't know if this is an original thought but I like it.  One day I made a SIC list - there was about 25.  Now some of you might think, "Are you kidding, that many?"  For most of us the number of close friendships we have can be counted on one hand & if we are really fortunate, maybe on both hands.  Now with SIC, it's a bit different.  Some of them likely fall into the close friendship category, yet many are co-workers or go to your church.  You don't socialize with them as much as with your close friends, but you enJOY their company.  I have one in Texas whom I've never met in person, some I've known a few years, some thirty-plus years & some all my life - though we became Believers at different times in our lives. The Blessed Factor, as I like to call it, is this:  Most of these women would come at a moment's notice if you needed them & if they couldn't come they'd be in prayer immediately.  If you are as Blessed as I am to have these Sisters in Christ, take some time to let them know what they mean to you.  Friends are friends forever, when the LORD's the Lord of them.

1 comment:

  1. Shelley, I don't know if I could put into words what our friendship has meant to me over the years. We've shared so much - some things as simple as us both being dental hygienists, and others so deep that only you and I know...

    I love this post, because it explains so well that which I cherish as one of the most wonderful things in my life - my SICs.

    I love you, my SIC!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. They encourage me greatly. Blessings on your day.