My Divine Assignment: To Encourage Others

A dear friend who has gone to be with the Lord once told me I was her Barnabas which Biblically means "encourager." I never saw myself like that, but as I've grown in my walk with the Lord it seems that is my desire. I hope that what I share here will be an encouragement to you as we trust the Lord - for great is His Faithfulness.

My Divine Assignment: To Encourage Others.
In Christ's Love, Shelley



KEEP His JOY IN TRIALS, TEARS & TRIUMPHS ~~ A WOMAN'S HEART SHOULD BE SO COMPLETELY LOST IN God THAT A MAN MUST SEEK Him TO FIND HER ~~ Our desire to learn God's Word must be greater than our need to breathe ~~











Thursday, March 17, 2011

Looking for Dorothy

Nope, this is not about the Wizard of Oz - it's better than that!! I was on the phone with Dorothy to make an insurance payment.  We were having some casual conversation while she was doing her job on the other end.  She said something, which I can't remember, but I responded, "Well, if Jesus doesn't come back first."   She laughed saying, "I like the way you think."  I told her that I could tell she had His JOY in her life.  When I told her my age, she said, "That's young!"  :-) My response, "I tell people each day just puts me one day closer to see Jesus, Face to face!"   Again, she laughed that wonderful laugh.  After we concluded the business at hand, I gave her my blog site link telling her it was to encourage Christian women. She wanted to know if she could share it - well of course she can!!  So what am I getting at here???  Because of one short conversation with reference to my Faith, I met a new SIC (Sister in Christ) & though we may never meet fact to face, I hope she does join me on My Heart Seeks Him.  But if not, I certainly will be looking for Dorothy one day when we are in His Presence forever.  Never hesitate to share your faith, even in the smallest way, for God will use that & you may be blessed enough to meet a Dorothy!!  Acts 1:8 But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be My witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. They encourage me greatly. Blessings on your day.