My Divine Assignment: To Encourage Others

A dear friend who has gone to be with the Lord once told me I was her Barnabas which Biblically means "encourager." I never saw myself like that, but as I've grown in my walk with the Lord it seems that is my desire. I hope that what I share here will be an encouragement to you as we trust the Lord - for great is His Faithfulness.

My Divine Assignment: To Encourage Others.
In Christ's Love, Shelley



KEEP His JOY IN TRIALS, TEARS & TRIUMPHS ~~ A WOMAN'S HEART SHOULD BE SO COMPLETELY LOST IN God THAT A MAN MUST SEEK Him TO FIND HER ~~ Our desire to learn God's Word must be greater than our need to breathe ~~











Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Under the Weather

 I VERY MUCH dislike being "under the weather" because my A++ personality finds it a "waste of time."  Curious to see where the phrase came from I found it in The Phrase Finder:  It comes from a maritime source. In the old days, when a sailor was unwell, he was sent down below to help his recovery, under the deck and away from the weather.   As of late, it's allowed me to spend time creating my blog which has be so enJOYable.  What I don't like about being "under the weather" is that I can lose my focus on spending time with the Lord & prayer  because I don't have the mental focus. It seems ironic because that is exactly when I need to be with Him.  In my prayer notebook under PRAISE is this thought - When I am exhausted, I NEED to praise You with every ounce of energy I have left.   Then You will give me the strength I need. Praise breaks a negative spirit & allows me to hear You more clearly.
Let everything that has breath praise the Lord.  Praise the Lord.  Psalm 150:6

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. They encourage me greatly. Blessings on your day.