My Divine Assignment: To Encourage Others

A dear friend who has gone to be with the Lord once told me I was her Barnabas which Biblically means "encourager." I never saw myself like that, but as I've grown in my walk with the Lord it seems that is my desire. I hope that what I share here will be an encouragement to you as we trust the Lord - for great is His Faithfulness.

My Divine Assignment: To Encourage Others.
In Christ's Love, Shelley



KEEP His JOY IN TRIALS, TEARS & TRIUMPHS ~~ A WOMAN'S HEART SHOULD BE SO COMPLETELY LOST IN God THAT A MAN MUST SEEK Him TO FIND HER ~~ Our desire to learn God's Word must be greater than our need to breathe ~~











Wednesday, March 23, 2011

No Whining!!!!

My friend Deb has a quick wit. When I needed my spirit uplifted, I'd go to her house for awhile just to laugh.  On one occasion her son was whining about something. When she had her fill, she asked him, "Would you like a little cheese with that whine?" I had never heard that response before & it did make me laugh, especially when she has the expressions to go with it. Every parent knows that at some point each child goes through a whining stage, some last longer than others. No doubt, we did it when we were kids. It can be very irritating depending on how good they are at it. So when our Heavenly Father hears us whine, how do you suppose He feels?  What? You say you don't whine. Well, it may not be in that annoying voice our kids do it, but we certainly do it. "Oh, Lord, I really don't feel like visiting her today?"  "Do I really have to help with the church nursery - can't they find somebody else to do it?" "I'm too tired to read my Bible tonight, can't I double up tomorrow?"  Any of these sound familiar?  I'm pretty sure they've passed through my mind. I searched long & hard in many Bible translations for the words whine or whining & couldn't find one. BUT I believe this Scripture covers it quite well, at least it's the one the Lord brought to mind.  Psalm 19:14 May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD...     May be one of the commandments should have been "Thou shalt not whine."

1 comment:

  1. Guilty as charged !! Because I do so much whinning, I decided to make a "JOY" journal for the 40 days of Lent. It was inspired by your earlier "JOY" blog. At the end of every day I think back through the day and write down all the joyful moments of the day. Hopefully it will become a habit.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. They encourage me greatly. Blessings on your day.