My Divine Assignment: To Encourage Others

A dear friend who has gone to be with the Lord once told me I was her Barnabas which Biblically means "encourager." I never saw myself like that, but as I've grown in my walk with the Lord it seems that is my desire. I hope that what I share here will be an encouragement to you as we trust the Lord - for great is His Faithfulness.

My Divine Assignment: To Encourage Others.
In Christ's Love, Shelley



KEEP His JOY IN TRIALS, TEARS & TRIUMPHS ~~ A WOMAN'S HEART SHOULD BE SO COMPLETELY LOST IN God THAT A MAN MUST SEEK Him TO FIND HER ~~ Our desire to learn God's Word must be greater than our need to breathe ~~











Sunday, March 27, 2011

Morning Watch

I heard the lyrics of a song just a little while ago - "When I rise in the morning, give me Jesus." I'm a morning person, the only one in my family.  My husband, Don, gets up early because it comes with the job - farming.  He likes to watch TV late into the night.  Both of our daughters love to sleep in, but with working 12 hour shifts a few times a week & having small children, sleeping in is a luxury. I have a routine in the morning, but too often I get distracted. Sad to say that what gets crowded out by my "need to get things done" is my devotional time.  I try do them sometime during the day, but don't always "get to it" & it is not the same. Scripture repeatedly speaks of being with the Lord in the morning. Psalm 5:1-3  ( Amplified Bible) Listen to my words, O Lord, give heed to my sighing & groaning. Hear the sound of my cry, my King & my God, for to You do I pray. In the morning You hear my voice, O Lord; in the morning I prepare [a prayer, a sacrifice] for You and watch & wait [for You to speak to my heart].   Recently I have been convicted (not condemned) & disappointed in myself for the loss of discipline in keeping my priorities straight. I've found that when I "confess" my short comings in my posts, the Lord gives me a renewed longing to get it right.  I am recommitting my morning routine to the Lord because of Lamentations 3:21-23 Yet this I call to mind & therefore I have hope: Because of the LORD's great love we are not consumed, for His compassions never fail.  They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness.     A beautiful video for  Give me Jesus
(I have added a new page - enJOYing life - with some helpful ideas, please check it out.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. They encourage me greatly. Blessings on your day.