My Divine Assignment: To Encourage Others

A dear friend who has gone to be with the Lord once told me I was her Barnabas which Biblically means "encourager." I never saw myself like that, but as I've grown in my walk with the Lord it seems that is my desire. I hope that what I share here will be an encouragement to you as we trust the Lord - for great is His Faithfulness.

My Divine Assignment: To Encourage Others.
In Christ's Love, Shelley



KEEP His JOY IN TRIALS, TEARS & TRIUMPHS ~~ A WOMAN'S HEART SHOULD BE SO COMPLETELY LOST IN God THAT A MAN MUST SEEK Him TO FIND HER ~~ Our desire to learn God's Word must be greater than our need to breathe ~~











Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Why JOY?

You may have noticed that I tend to emphasize the word JOY.  In fact, I will misspell a word just to include it like reJOYce.  If you've known me for awhile this comes as no surprise.  It began in 1999 when I first listened to an audio book, In the Footsteps of Jesus by Bruce Marchiano who portrayed Jesus in the Visual Bible video, The Gospel of Matthew.  The director's goal was to portray Jesus as a man of joy.  Bruce mentions a book mysteriously "appeared in the wrong section" at a Christian bookstore where he went to do some research for the role.  The book was Jesus Man of Joy by Sherwood Wirt.  Reading about this Jesus gave me the desire to live in JOY, regardless of my circumstances.  Do I always succeed?  No, but I persevere.  Still to this day when I read the word JOY, a smile shows up on my face. I know because I can feel it. Tomorrow begins Lent & we may choose to give something up, but maybe we could choose to start something new for a life time - to choose JOY.  Hebrews 12:2 explains this perfectly: Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before Him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.
Happiness depends on our circumstances but JOY  depends on our walk with the Lord  Jesus. Let the JOY begin today for you.
PS - I've added a new page Growing Disciples, so check it out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. They encourage me greatly. Blessings on your day.