My Divine Assignment: To Encourage Others

A dear friend who has gone to be with the Lord once told me I was her Barnabas which Biblically means "encourager." I never saw myself like that, but as I've grown in my walk with the Lord it seems that is my desire. I hope that what I share here will be an encouragement to you as we trust the Lord - for great is His Faithfulness.

My Divine Assignment: To Encourage Others.
In Christ's Love, Shelley



KEEP His JOY IN TRIALS, TEARS & TRIUMPHS ~~ A WOMAN'S HEART SHOULD BE SO COMPLETELY LOST IN God THAT A MAN MUST SEEK Him TO FIND HER ~~ Our desire to learn God's Word must be greater than our need to breathe ~~











Saturday, March 12, 2011

Good Pain???

That seems to be an oxymoron.  Is there really such a thing as good pain?  No one likes pain whether it be physical, emotional or even spiritual.  But on occasion there is good pain & I recently experienced it.  I went to visit my favorite Foot Reflexology Gal, Leslie.  I hadn't been there for quite some time - shame on me!!! I absolutely love having this done, but it can be PAINful.  Yet, that pain lets her know where something just isn't right & when she presses there it lets me know too!!!!  So while she does her thing, I have to bite my lip & work through the pain. This is a time where it's hard to keep my JOY but I know its beneficial.  And so it is with pain in other areas of our lives - the physical pain of an injury, the emotional pain of losing a loved one, the spiritual pain of knowing someone who doesn't have a personal relationship with Christ.  Yet, in each of these areas good can come out of it - a broken arm is healed, the ability to comfort someone else who experiences what you have already gone through & the JOY of knowing someone has come to Christ because God used you.  Although it may not seem like it during the pain, God's Word tell us that - And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose.  Romans 8:28  We have not been promised a painless life, but we have His promise that He will see us through to the other side of the pain.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. They encourage me greatly. Blessings on your day.