My Divine Assignment: To Encourage Others

A dear friend who has gone to be with the Lord once told me I was her Barnabas which Biblically means "encourager." I never saw myself like that, but as I've grown in my walk with the Lord it seems that is my desire. I hope that what I share here will be an encouragement to you as we trust the Lord - for great is His Faithfulness.

My Divine Assignment: To Encourage Others.
In Christ's Love, Shelley



KEEP His JOY IN TRIALS, TEARS & TRIUMPHS ~~ A WOMAN'S HEART SHOULD BE SO COMPLETELY LOST IN God THAT A MAN MUST SEEK Him TO FIND HER ~~ Our desire to learn God's Word must be greater than our need to breathe ~~











Saturday, March 19, 2011

Speechless

For most of my life being speechless has not been an issue for me.  Too often I've opened mouth before engaging brain, even with the best of intentions.  I am humbled that God has helped me greatly in this area.  This morning, however, & many other times, I come before the Lord, speechless. I feel overwhelmed by what I see on TV & by the prayer requests: health, immediate needs, restoration in marriages, & reaching the lost. Because of the times I grew up in, I don't understand how we've gotten to this place.  No, that's not true, I know full well why we are here - we have turned our backs on God.  His Word reminds us that those who are obedient & faithful will prosper & He will protect them.  Because of our sinful natures, this is an impossible task - but we as a Nation aren't even trying.   Let us pray that God will open the eyes & minds, not only our leaders, but of those who call themselves Believers to not remain speechless.  Why?  Because what is happening in our world - crime, broken families, wars, famine, natural disasters - is not about oil, land, power or money.  It is about one thing:  the spiritual warfare for the hearts & souls of humanity. C.S. Lewis wrote in The Problem of Pain:“God whispers to us in our pleasures, speaks to us in our conscience, but shouts in our pains: Pain is God’s megaphone to rouse a deaf world.”  Has he gotten our attention?  If so, what will I personally do about it?  Am I willing to relinquish some of my "precious" time & much of my pride to answer His call?  II Chronicles 7:14 says, If My people, who are called by My Name, will humble themselves & pray & seek My Face & turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven & will forgive their sin & will heal their land.     Read Psalm 36 & 37 - my Bible was open to this as I finished my post.  I guess I wasn't really finished.  God is always here. :-)

1 comment:

  1. Our world does seem overwhelming at this time. I, too, sometimes feel both speechless and helpless. Marjie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. They encourage me greatly. Blessings on your day.