My Divine Assignment: To Encourage Others

A dear friend who has gone to be with the Lord once told me I was her Barnabas which Biblically means "encourager." I never saw myself like that, but as I've grown in my walk with the Lord it seems that is my desire. I hope that what I share here will be an encouragement to you as we trust the Lord - for great is His Faithfulness.

My Divine Assignment: To Encourage Others.
In Christ's Love, Shelley



KEEP His JOY IN TRIALS, TEARS & TRIUMPHS ~~ A WOMAN'S HEART SHOULD BE SO COMPLETELY LOST IN God THAT A MAN MUST SEEK Him TO FIND HER ~~ Our desire to learn God's Word must be greater than our need to breathe ~~











Saturday, March 5, 2011

There Will Be Rain

Yet He has not left himself without testimony: He has shown kindness by giving you rain from heaven and crops in their seasons; He provides you with plenty of food and fills your hearts with joy.   Acts 14:17  The rain continues in Northwest Ohio. Because of a dry summer & fall we really did need the snow & rain, reminding us that God provides our needs.  It seems in the past few years that it rains on the days someone I know is being laid to rest.  Today is one of those days. Is the rain tears from Heaven?  I do not know.  I only know that God is Faithful even when it may not seem like it.  We cannot fathom how deep is His Love for us.  But in the storms, He is there.  We can see Him through the others who comfort & care for us.  We will find His promise "to never leave of forsake us" in His Word.  At times when the whole world seems to be a dull grey, He lets us know of His presence in that first spring flower that pops up.  We will have rain in our lives, some will have much more than others. Let us be there for them with an encouraging word, note or phone call or just sit & hold their hand.  We can be their umbrella in the storms of life. We can help them dance in the rain, even if it is a slow dance as they hold on tightly to make it through. 

1 comment:

  1. I always look at rain on burial day that way, too. Tears of compassion for those that are still here. God is like that - He feels our sorrows as deeply as we do.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. They encourage me greatly. Blessings on your day.