My Divine Assignment: To Encourage Others

A dear friend who has gone to be with the Lord once told me I was her Barnabas which Biblically means "encourager." I never saw myself like that, but as I've grown in my walk with the Lord it seems that is my desire. I hope that what I share here will be an encouragement to you as we trust the Lord - for great is His Faithfulness.

My Divine Assignment: To Encourage Others.
In Christ's Love, Shelley



KEEP His JOY IN TRIALS, TEARS & TRIUMPHS ~~ A WOMAN'S HEART SHOULD BE SO COMPLETELY LOST IN God THAT A MAN MUST SEEK Him TO FIND HER ~~ Our desire to learn God's Word must be greater than our need to breathe ~~











Sunday, March 20, 2011

Cup of Kindness

I teach 4 & 5 year olds on Wednesday nights at church as part of our Lighthouse Gang Ministry. We are now learning Galatians 5:22 - the Fruit of the Spirit: love, joy, peace, patience (long-suffering), kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness & self-control.  It was brought to my attention years ago that it is the Fruit, not Fruits - so we can't pick & choose those we'd like to have - they are all required. There's a few I'd like to skip. The patience/long suffering one & the self-control seem to be my road blocks.  Now, kindness, that one seems rather easy. Anyone should be able to be kind whether they feel like it or not. The word kindness appears 57 times in the Bible (NIV). A simple act of kindness can lighten another's burdens, especially ones that may not be visible to us. Let us make it a daily habit to offer some one a cup of kindness.  You might just be saving their life - eternally.  Be kinder than necessary than because everyone is fighting some kind of battle - emotional, physical, spiritual.  As I read some of the Scriptures where kindness is included in a list of qualities, I realize that if we desire to have even one, the others cannot help but be there also. We just have to be purposeful about developing them.  If we do, it doesn't leave much time for ungodly traits to take root in our lives.  Colossians 3:12 Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience.

1 comment:

  1. What a timely reminder! Kindness from the heart is only possible when we're humble - when we're focused on God's glory rather than our comfort or convenience. Thank you for your words of encouragement!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. They encourage me greatly. Blessings on your day.