My Divine Assignment: To Encourage Others

A dear friend who has gone to be with the Lord once told me I was her Barnabas which Biblically means "encourager." I never saw myself like that, but as I've grown in my walk with the Lord it seems that is my desire. I hope that what I share here will be an encouragement to you as we trust the Lord - for great is His Faithfulness.

My Divine Assignment: To Encourage Others.
In Christ's Love, Shelley



KEEP His JOY IN TRIALS, TEARS & TRIUMPHS ~~ A WOMAN'S HEART SHOULD BE SO COMPLETELY LOST IN God THAT A MAN MUST SEEK Him TO FIND HER ~~ Our desire to learn God's Word must be greater than our need to breathe ~~











Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Popular or Right

What is popular is not always right, what is right is not always popular. I've had this saying on the cupboard door in my house while my girls were growing up. It pretty much nails down what determines many choices today - especially for our teens & twenty somethings.  I'm sure it applies to us adults as well.
I love this picture. When I'm driving with one or both of my girls along, for some reason, I don't pay attention to the road signs. I must unconciously think that's their job. I get distracted while we're talking. Many times that's what happens when we are making choices.  We get distracted by what others might think or what's easiest - especially when the decision has to be made quickly.  It's as simple as choosing to do the right thing, it can also be the hard thing to do.  But once you've decided ahead of time that in every thing your choice will be to honor God, then there really is only one choice.  This Scripture is written on our wall above the French doors. Choose this day whom you will serve.  As for me & my house we will serve the Lord.  Joshua 24:15

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. They encourage me greatly. Blessings on your day.