My Divine Assignment: To Encourage Others

A dear friend who has gone to be with the Lord once told me I was her Barnabas which Biblically means "encourager." I never saw myself like that, but as I've grown in my walk with the Lord it seems that is my desire. I hope that what I share here will be an encouragement to you as we trust the Lord - for great is His Faithfulness.

My Divine Assignment: To Encourage Others.
In Christ's Love, Shelley



KEEP His JOY IN TRIALS, TEARS & TRIUMPHS ~~ A WOMAN'S HEART SHOULD BE SO COMPLETELY LOST IN God THAT A MAN MUST SEEK Him TO FIND HER ~~ Our desire to learn God's Word must be greater than our need to breathe ~~











Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Knees First

Many years ago I went to hear Pastor James McDonald for a weekend in Chicago.  I enjoy his teaching very much.  But what made an impact on me is his statement:  "When I get out of bed, my knees hit the floor first."  Since that time, I can truly say I make that a practice almost every morning.  I do it with my grand-daughters when they stay & they will pray also. What a way to begin your day before the Lord - KNEES FIRST.  Now there may come a time when I won't be able to do that physically, but I can forever do it from the heart.  Actually,  right when I wake up I speak this Scripture: This is the day that You have made, I will reJOYce - pardon my spelling :-)  - and be glad in it.  Psalm 118:24.  Believe it or not, that Scripture immediately comes to mind even if I wake up at 3:00 a.m.  May I encourage you to start your day this way, KNEES FIRST. Even if you can't physically do it, do it from the heart.  Come before the Throne of King of Kings.  He longs to hear from you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. They encourage me greatly. Blessings on your day.